Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day to all - Keep Stitching

I have just come back from two weeks on the lake at Toukley - it was lovely and peaceful and the kids behaved and Husband was happy and relaxed - PERFECT.  Got quite a lot of craft done too - finished the lace shawl which I was knitting at Toukley when we went there for a craft weekend last winter and I finished the black knitted wrap and did quite a lot of the Golden Wood - not as much as I would have liked though - but I did have to eat and sleep (well a bit anyway).  But I love looking back at the pictures from the previous month - you lose track of how much you have done - but you feel much better when you look at your progress!! 


I HAVE REACHED THE BOTTOM OF THE CHART!!!!!

LOOK THERE IS AN ELF IN THE WOOD!!!!


I just loved the way that the elf maiden just appeared out the the stiches - just like pixels on the television - when all those little crosses are added together faces and flowing dresses appear before you.


As you can see from the last picture I have bought another kit - but this will be a quickie by comparison with Golden Wood - this is going to be a sampler to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary in October this year and I feel reasonably confident that I will get it finished and framed before then.  So I am sure this will give you heart Princess!!

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you had a lovely relaxing holiday.

    Gosh you have been a very busy bee! Great progress. It's looking really good!

    Happy Australia day and happy stitching! :)
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Congratulations on reaching the bottom of the chart. It looks awesome Mrs.D. Wow you got heaps done at Toukley. Sorry I couldn't make it up there but dramas with vehicles. Groan will explain all when I see you. And no I don't take heart re wedding sampler I need you to start "Titania" for me to have any fighting chance on this contest. But a Princess never declares defeat before the battle has ended!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onya Princess....just like your picture on your blog....Crafty Warrior Princess....and I know you will be gracious and glorious in DEFEAT!!!! See you at work Love E

    ReplyDelete